Sunday, May 2, 2010

Plastic Fantastic!

london selfridges window_1

london selfridges window_2


I spotted some great pieces of jewellery on Selfridges’ windows in March. Unfortunately there was no sign who was the designer.



london selfridges window_3



Those voluminous plastic creations reminded me of the jewellery of African Ndebele tribe.



ndebele woman


Ndebele woman in national costume. I found this picture on the net, but somehow lost the address of the page were I got it from. Sorry for the lack of credit.



After spotting those colourful necklaces in Selfridges I kept finding more and more plastic stuff, by different designers.



liana kabel jewellery



On Etsy I found designer Liana Kabel, who makes pieces out of recycled knitting needles and Tupperware mugs.



emiko oye_4



Later I came upon a website called trenddelacreme.com that had a story about a designer Emiko Oye of Reware Style who makes impressive necklaces from Lego pieces, recycled plastic and plexiglass.



emiko oye_2


emiko oye_1


emiko oye_3



Emiko Oye also makes smaller and more wearable pieces that are on sale in her Etsy shop.